Everyone needs a coach. Think about golf or ballet or playing chess. You aren’t going to be an expert the first time you try. Is managing your career any different? You have specialized skills but career management may be a new one for you. Even then, coaches help people see themselves as others do – very few people can do that on their own!
Here’s a list of questions that resonate with many of our career transition and career development clients:
- How did you get to this point in your career? Is this what you were meant to do?
- Is the grass greener on the other side? How will you know?
- Are you unhappy in your job and you can’t figure out why?
- What makes you feel that your job doesn’t align with who you are?
- You used to love your job but not anymore. What changed?
- How do you find a job that lets you try new things and/or earn more?
- Did you ever take the time to figure out what you really want to do? Is now the time?
If you are asking any of these or similar questions, please contact us today. Also find out more about Texas Exes Alumni Association.